Friday, July 13, 2012

Here is my first blog post as the new superintendent for the New Hampton School District.  Please check back regularly as I will share many of the latest happenings within the school.  First, let me say it is a privilege and an honor to serve this community.  I look forward to working together with you and all the district's residents as we improve our district to make it the best place possible to educate our children.

A large part of my first year will be spent learning about the district and community.  I will host several community meetings to get your feedback on where the district is and where it should be going.  From these meetings I hope to establish several committees that can help plan our district's future direction.  I have presented my Entry Plan to the board of education.  In this plan, I share my planned actions that will help me during my first year. You may view it here.  If you cannot attend a meeting, but still would like to provide feedback, please contact the superintendent's office at (641) 394-2134 to set up an appointment or to visit on the phone.  

It's hard to believe it is July 13th already.  The custodians are doing a great job getting the buildings ready for the school year and we are finishing up some of the summer projects.  The buildings will .be ready for the first day of school.  If only we could get a little rain to help green things up a little.  Anyway, I'm heading to Waukon this evening to cheer on the boys in their first round sub-state game.  I hope to see you there.  Go Chickasaws!