Friday, September 28, 2012

It's Homecoming Week

I know it's been awhile since my last post, so I thought I had better get back at it.  What better time than homecoming week?  Lots of exciting things going on.  If you missed the parade, I created a short compilation video for your viewing pleasure.  It's only 40 seconds and just has some highlights.

Sorry about the corny music, I need to contact the music department for help in that area.

I want to congratulate Brady Tenge for being selected 2012 Homecoming King.  Good luck to the Queen candidates who will find out tonight who is the 2012 Homecoming Queen.  There have been a lot of activities this week connected to homecoming.  It's always good to see the kids at all levels get involved in promoting school spirit.  It was a lot of fun seeing how the students were dressed for each day's dress up days.  I also enjoyed the pep rally this afternoon.  It takes a lot to put on an event like this.  It was a lot of fun.  I especially enjoyed the videos that were shared.  Of course, tonight is the game and tomorrow night is the homecoming dance.  Please encourage your child to attend the school events and the dance tomorrow night. We know that students who attend and/or participate in school activities are more likely to enjoy school and do better while they are there.  Some would say these things are the best part.

My next community meeting will be October 11th at the high school cafeteria.  I hope to see you there.  We had a great turn out at the last meeting and hope to improve on it.  This is your opportunity to provide input into what's going on with the New Hampton School.  The school board and I are seeking the communities input on where to go on some key issues.  The one that has created the most buzz relates to our facilities.  One outcome of these meetings will be the creation of a facilities committee.  I've heard from  number of people already who want to be a part of it.  If you are interested in serving on this committee, please be sure to attend one of the meetings and/or get in touch with me.

If you ever have any questions or concerns about the New Hampton district, please contact me directly at anytime.  Thanks for stopping by.  Go Chickasaws!!