Sunday, January 20, 2013

Third Grade Science Fair

On Friday, I had the opportunity to visit the third grade science fair at the elementary/middle school cafeteria.  It was a lot of fun interacting with each of the students as they demonstrated and explained the various machines they had created.  Below is a short video I created from my visit.  It's nothing fancy, and it's my first attempt at video creation using my IPAD, so bear with me.



This is a great example of project based learning for our students.  As they explained their projects and I asked them questions about simple machines, it was clear that this activity has helped them gain a greater understanding of the material they were studying.  Thanks to Mrs. Hovey and Mrs. Reicks for undertaking this activity for the benefit of our students.  The kids learned a lot and they had a great time doing it.